Grandfather's Watch

Grandfather's Watch

Read this and other stories by Glen Brewer at

Railroad Glory Days

Last edited by gbrewer; 11-14-2010 at 07:45 PM. Reason: spacing
    Glen Brewer
    Denver

2. Default

I just like it. I'm not sure why. It just works. I vote to post.

3. Default

This is great. A whole new subject but still rail related. I vote to post as well.

Martin Burwash

4. Default

Glen,

You have given us an interesting essay. I would really like to see the images in a larger size, and perhaps a view of the inner workings of the watch, as youe discussed in the text.

I, too, vote for acceptance. With this being the third such vote, I have moved the essay to the appropriate folder.

Thank you very much for your submission.
    Last edited by aciphoto; 08-17-2007 at 11:21 PM. Reason: comments no longer valid due to edits
    Rob Scrimgeour
    Victoria, BC

5. Default

With Glen's approval, I have renamed the thread to the title of the essay, "Grandfather's Watch."
    Last edited by aciphoto; 08-17-2007 at 09:52 PM.
    Rob Scrimgeour
    Victoria, BC

SDP45 Guest

I loved the essay. It was not what I expected from this site!

7. Default

Thanks to all who commented and helped. Remember that you don't have to be a "moderator" to comment (thanks SDP45).

I wasn't sure that this subject would work here, so I am pleased to know that a few did like it.

Glen
    Glen Brewer
    Denver

Two23 Guest

If you need a third "yes, I'm it. I enjoyed this personal look at things, and the story.

Kent in SD

Quote Originally Posted by SDP45 View Post
    I loved the essay. It was not what I expected from this site!
    That's what I like about this place...

Sometimes I get frustrated at the lack of activity or the grumbling or when an essays gets stalled in review.

Then something like this comes along and shows what this place is about. This essay doesn't have a train photo in it, and railroads aren't the real subject here. But it's definitely a worthy subject, and I'm glad to have it.

That's why the rules here are few and far between. About all you need to do is write an essay that 3 folks like. It doesn't even have to be unanimous, you just have to get 3 "yes" votes before you get 3 "no" votes. If at least 3 of our reviewers say it's worth looking at, then it probably is.

I wasn't sure if we could make it work, and sometimes I still wonder. However, when an essay like this one comes along, it makes me think the system works just fine.
    Bob Harbison
    RailroadPhotoEssays host

10. Default

Rob,

Sometime in the future I'll see about some better and larger photos, but for now, I have added one of the watch works.

Glen
    Last edited by gbrewer; 09-13-2007 at 09:19 PM.
    Glen Brewer
    Denver