Thread: Riding the Electroliner

1. Default Riding the Electroliner

Riding the Electroliner

Riding the Electroliner

Read this and other stories by Glen Brewer at

Railroad Glory Days

Last edited by gbrewer; 11-14-2010 at 07:40 PM.
    Glen Brewer
    Denver

2. Default

This is a nice little 'nugget' of interurban history and railfan memories. Nice photos, esspecially on the Loop and they reflect the low ridership that plagued the North Shore in its final years. I like it as is - I vote to post.

Glen,

I could comment about the lack of technical quality in the images, like too much contrast and loss of detail, but considering the subject and age, that issue is minor. When it all comes down to it, my only concern with this essay is the small size of the images. I would prefer to see them larger.

Overall, a nice essay on an interesting historical topic.

Thank you for submitting this essay. I vote to approve.
    Last edited by aciphoto; 12-07-2006 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Link issues resolved, so comments no longer relevant.
    Rob Scrimgeour
    Victoria, BC

Okay, I'm a sucker for anything black and white, but Glen, you're really getting the hang of this. Again, I'm not a an interurban fan, at least I didn't think so, but this essays, and Glen's previous post is changing that. There in is why I vote to approve this work. Anytime you can put interest into the mind of someone who thinks they are not interested, you have done a good job.

Martin Burwash

Very nice. Just fix those links (and then delete this post) and we should be ready to go.
    Chris Crook
    photojournalist

pictures and yap

6. Default Re: Electroliner

Tanks Jon, Rob, Martin and Chris. I believe the link problems are fixed.

Martin, I used to shoot b&w all the time, but now I use a D70. Some of those shots could be seen in my submission, "Rebirth of a Historic Colorado Narrow Gauge Engine" if you can find it. I can't, can anyone tell me what happened to it?

Glen
    Glen Brewer
    Denver

Quote Originally Posted by gbrewer View Post
    Tanks Jon, Rob, Martin and Chris. I believe the link problems are fixed.
    Yes, it looks much better now. I removed my notes regarding that issue and posted my comments on the resulting essay, now that I can see all the images.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrewer View Post
    Martin, I used to shoot b&w all the time, but now I use a D70. Some of those shots could be seen in my submission, "Rebirth of a Historic Colorado Narrow Gauge Engine" if you can find it. I can't, can anyone tell me what happened to it?
    That essay was temporarily moved to the "Under Review" section, which is open to reviewers only. It has now been moved to into the Photo Essays section, since it got its three approvals. The same has now happened to this essay, as it also has the three thumbs up.

Good work, Glen, and thanks again for posting these.
    Rob Scrimgeour
    Victoria, BC

Duplicate image for essay promo
    Bob Harbison
    RailroadPhotoEssays host

9. Default

Rob,

I rescanned the photos with my new scanner. I hope they are a little better now.

Glen
    Glen Brewer
    Denver

Duplicate image for directory

Attachment 3722
    Bob Harbison
    RailroadPhotoEssays host