Thread: Fuzzy Shots

Default Fuzzy Shots

I was working on up loading an essay last night but gave up. The photos I was uploading ended up extremely soft and down right "fuzzy" when displayed on this site. I went back through and viewed all of them directly from the file I have on my computer, and they were fine.

Any suggestions. Here's a sample:

Attachment 3446

When viewed directly from the file and not on this site, the photo is sharp and not as grainy. Nearly all the photos I was uploadiing had this issue.

Martin Burwash

abcraghead Guest

Seems like a similar problem to one Dan is having in his latest Ritzville shot. I'm assuming its the new software compressing the files...?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Burwash View Post
    I was working on up loading an essay last night but gave up. The photos I was uploading ended up extremely soft and down right "fuzzy" when displayed on this site. I went back through and viewed all of them directly from the file I have on my computer, and they were fine.

Any suggestions. Here's a sample:

Attachment 3446

When viewed directly from the file and not on this site, the photo is sharp and not as grainy. Nearly all the photos I was uploadiing had this issue.

Martin Burwash
    I'm on the road right now, so I'm looking at this on my laptop, so take the following for what it is worth. It doesn't look fuzzy to me, maybe a little more grainy than I'd like and maybe just a hair too much contrast. Overall, looks pretty acceptable to me.

My problem with fuzzines that Alex refers to happened before I posted.
    Dan Schwanz
    POSTCARDS FROM THE GORGE Website update 12.26.09
    http://w3.gorge.net/schwanz

4. Default

Just looks like its had the 'poop' compressed out of it. What's the size and resolution of the file?
    Get Out There and Shoot!